Pensioner’s huts damaged in fire caused by grandson
Contributed by NAMPA.
OKATOPE, 16 SEP (NAMPA) – Three huts were damaged in a fire at the homestead of a pensioner Okatope kaMandume village near Ongwediva on Tuesday.
The fire was caused by the pensioner’s four-year-old boy grandson, who had been playing with matches.
The homestead belongs to 76-year-old Kornelia Endjala.
“I lost valuable property in the fire; food, clothes and ritual tools,” Endjala told Nampa in an interview on the scene, adding that fortunately, nobody was injured in the incident.